Sunday, November 29, 2009

I told you, I'm not depressed

I have only four more portfolios to grade.

I have taken tylenol.

This morning, Krissy helped me arrange the stuff for the Feet of Clay sale that starts on Friday. I hope most of this stuff sells, though I can't imagine it will. I loved making these drawings, but who on earth would want one? I have some bowls, a few plates with dogs on them. They might go.

I do remember that when I was quite young, probably when I was ten or eleven, my father and mother, had seen a play, or maybe it was a movie, and he laughed every time he repeated the line he'd heard, "God damn it, don't tell me I don't love you." I hope this was true......

Another of his favorite stories was about the man who was walking down the road and a little bird said, "Cheer up, things could be worse." And he did. And they were. It still makes me laugh when I think of him silently chuckling over this.

Krissy, Chris, the dogs and I are having pizza for dinner. Mushrooms and basil. Excellent.

2 comments:

  1. these are wonderful! having taken a ceramics class i appreciate the work that goes into these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. they are from molds...
    that's why I was so interested in your beautiful paper bowl...I am not a potter, but thought I'd create some canvas to draw on... thanks...

    ReplyDelete